Saturday, May 03, 2008

Shark Taboo - Early Singles

As promised, here are the early 7"s of Shark Taboo.
didn't know about the existence of the 'Crossfire' 7" until recently. Doesn't come with a sleeve so no cover scan, but has a lyric sheet. The line-up is different from the later records. Gill Dye seems to be the constant member but Suzi Webb (ex-Slits) doesn't play on this one.
The title tracks of the other two 7"s appeared on the 'Seeds Of A Lunatic' album in slightly remixed versions.

Crossfire 7" (Risque Records-SRTS 82 CUS 1374-1982)
1. Crossfire
2. Dream Crumble


Troineann Siad 7" (Lambs to The Slaughter-TEETH 4U-1984)
1. Troineann Siad (The Fight)
2. Escape


The Big Sell 7" (Crisis Records-CSS 2-1985)
1. Big Sell
2. Pacific Paradise

Singles

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

is that jim carey?

Anonymous said...

Hiya Im Emily Mellor And Im 11 My Dad Is Called Stephen Mellor And He Was In This Band, Shark Taboo If You Like I Can Send A Picture Of Him Now With His Family ( Me lol My Mum ANd My Sister And My Brother ) Thanks And Oh By The Way Its My Dad On The Front I Fink Not Jim Carey Thanks

Anonymous said...

Another Thing Is As I Haven't Got A Account On This I Cant Put Down My Name So My E-mail Adress Is emzy1996@hotmail.co.uk Thankyou Very Much And I CANT BELIEVE MY DADDY'S FAMOUS!!!

Curious Guy said...

Hello Emily, you must be the youngest visitor ever here. Say hello to your dad. And yes there's people still digging Shark Taboo.

Anonymous said...

Hi Emily, if your dad was in Shark Taboo then I'm The Archbishop of Canterbury. And it's not even him on the cover either... Go away.

Kevin said...

Duuude, the uploads dead :( diggin' the band though, have you found their Black Rock Sands album?

Curious Guy said...

New link for the Singles (as well as for The Cage EP posted here before).
Still haven't heard the Black Rock Sands album.

stuff said...

Emily is right, therefore you must be the Archbishop of Canterbury, Hi there Rowan ! check out youtube shark taboo - crossfire that is Stephen Mellor on the left of the picture

Immortelle said...

Could you please reupload it? Thank you so much in advance!

Curious Guy said...

New link. Enjoy!

Curious Guy said...

New link. Enjoy!